Homecoming is just around the corner at the U of I and with that comes some new perks for the university. In today’s interview, we learn about a new gallery coming to the U of I.
The University of Illinois Alumni Alliance led the development of the Richmond Family Welcome Gallery at the Alice Campbell Alumni Center.
* The Welcome Gallery highlights the history, traditions, and global impact of Illinois, celebrates the achievements of Illinois alumni, and serves as a gateway to the Urbana-Champaign University.
* The Welcome Gallery will bring alumni, current students, the University and local communities, and prospective students and their families together to celebrate the rich heritage of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and enhance their Illini pride.
* Exhibits feature interactive components, personal stories from alumni and students, and timely displays in conjunction with Illinois events, all focused on celebrating the history of the University, students, and alumni.
* Features include 14 Discovery Boxes that tell stories about the University through artifacts, images, interviews, and short videos; an introductory film about the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; an interactive campus map; the Memory Space, an oral history exhibit that showcases personal stories from alumni and students; and The Story Booth, a recording booth in which visitors can record their own memories about their time at Illinois.
* The Richmond Family Welcome Gallery was primarily funded through the generosity of Jack and Marjorie Richmond.
* This weekend the University of Illinois Alumni Alliance will host an open house for the Richmond Family Welcome Gallery. The open house will be at the Alice Campbell Alumni Center on Friday from 8:30 AM to 5 PM, Saturday from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM, and Sunday from 9:00 AM to 3 PM.