Cooking Coach Adam Wisnewski joins the Morning Show and in this week’s Kitchen Confidence he is giving us some techniques for meal preparation for the entire week.
Spend some time on the weekend, making the building blocks of the lunches and dinners for the week. Keep your pantry and freezer stocked and you’ll never be short on a Thursday night dinner again.
Weekend Shopping List
Chicken, Can of garbanzo beans, Eggs, Hummus
* Fresh Produce
Celery, Carrots, Onions, Tomatoes, (Others to try: broccoli, green onion, summer squash, cucumbers)
White Rice, Potatoes, Frozen ravioli, Sandwich Buns
Spaghetti, Buffalo, Salsa
* Preheat oven to 450 F; fill one large and one small pot with water, start at high heat; get out a sheet pan for oven
* Place some eggs in small pot, turn off when it boils, let sit covered for 15-18 min. Use rice cooker or small pot to make rice.
* Clean and prep celery+carrots+onions, prep the potatoes for roasting, cut the tomatoes
– mostly for roasting (chopped)
– some for snacking (sticks/wedges)
– veggie scraps go into the stock pot, boil 45 min
* Roast veggies for 20-25 min, potatoes on one side, veggies on the other
* Turn oven to 375 F, rub chicken with oil; salt and pepper, bake 35 min
* Mix and match: you can prep meals ahead of time in individual portions, or cook on the fly, to taste. Use stock to make soups or cook the starches.
* Learn 2-3 dishes per ingredient (eggs: egg salad, deviled eggs, creamed eggs on toast, salad topper or snack as hard boiled)