CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (WCIA) — We’re gaining some confidence in the kitchen this morning with cooking coach Adam Wisnewski. Check out his Mac & Cheese recipes in today’s segment.
Classic Mac ‘n’ Cheese
one of the greats! This dish can be made in a hundred different ways and they’re all going to be fantastic, because: CHEESE! Learn to make the basic sauce and you are on your way to delicious and quick dinners anytime.
Follow Breakfast Life and Dinner on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
* 1 1/2 C dry pasta (elbows, mini shells, farfalle, your favorite)
* 3 TBS butter
* 3 TBS all purpose flour
* 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
* 1/2 tsp paprika (optional)
* 2 C whole milk
2 C shredded cheese
* Serve as a side to: pulled pork, Thanksgiving turkey, BBQ.
* Try using zucchini noodles instead of pasta.
* Add: ham, chicken, shrimp, canned tuna, bacon, white beans. Peas, broccoli, spinach, onions. Black olives, artichoke hearts, corn+lima beans. Hot sauce, pesto, salsa, BBQ sauce, mustard.
* Cook pasta as directed in a good sized pot
* Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat
* Add the flour, salt, pepper, paprika and stir until thoroughly mixed, 2-3 minutes.
* Add a small amount of milk (1 TBS), stir well until smooth, then add a little more milk
* Simmer over medium-high heat until the sauce thickens, 5-6 minutes.
Add cheese and stir until melted.* Drain cooked pasta, return it to the large pot. Add the sauce and