Have you ever woken up with your mouth wide open and with your throat dry as a bone and wondered why you felt like you hadn’t slept at all? The type of breathing you do while you sleep is extremely important. Dr. Bill Hemmer from the Tuscola Pain & Wellness Center is here to talk about the 2 types of breathing and you might be surprised at what he recommends.
There are 2 types of breathing
1. Mouth Breathing – using the chest – can lead to hyperventilation
2. Nose Breathing – using stomach and diaphragm – can calm your nervous system
Buteyko Breathing Method – developed by Konstantin Buteyko in the 1950’s
* Nasal breathing – leads to balancing the Autonomic Nervous System
* Creates a better night’s sleep by increasing Stage 3, 4 and REM sleep
* Mouth breathing and sleeping on your back can make Obstructive Sleep Apnea worse.
For more information about Dr. Hemmer go to www.savecashbehealthy.com