Thai Inspired Chopped Salad with Chicken
Makes approximately 18 cups
* 1 large cucumber, diced
* 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
* About 2 cups chopped cooked boneless skinless chicken breast
* 5 cups shredded coleslaw mix
* 4 cups bagged broccoli slaw
* ½ cup cilantro, chopped
* 1 bunch green onions, chopped
* ½ cup Thai peanut sauce
* ¾ cup won ton strips
Combine all ingredients except for won ton strips in a large bowl. Top with won ton strips for presentation, then serve.
* If making ahead, make sure to add Thai peanut sauce and won ton strips just before serving.
* This salad can be made ahead and then eaten throughout the week. Combine all ingredients except for peanut sauce and won ton strips. Recommended serving is 3 cups of salad mixture topped with 2 tablespoons of won ton strips and 1.5 tablespoons of peanut sauce.
Nutrition Facts (1 cup, including peanut sauce and won ton strips): 75 calories, 2 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 143 mg sodium, 7 g total carbohydrate (1 g dietary fiber), 7 g protein, Vitamin A – 25% DV, Vitamin C – 55% DV, Calcium – 2% DV, Iron – 2% DV
Nutrition Facts (about 3 cups, including peanut sauce and won ton strips): 225 calories, 6 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 430 mg sodium, 21 g total carbohydrate (3 g dietary fiber), 21 g protein, Vitamin A – 75% DV, Vitamin C – 110% DV, Calcium – 9% DV, Iron – 12% DV