Check out Laura Jacob’s lime cheesecake yogurt bites in today’s Food Facts. They are the perfect low calorie dessert.
This is a tasty, lower calorie, one and done dessert. It is much lower in fat than traditional cheesecake and is a smaller portion to help you enjoy without overindulging. It is 2 tsp sugar per cheesecake bite. You could reduce to 1/3 cup sugar for a less sweet dessert. The nutrition per serving would be reduced by 25 calories, and 4 g carb.
Lime Cheesecake Yogurt Bites
1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 TBS butter, melted
8oz block reduced fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
2/3 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
1/2 cup sugar
Juice of 2 limes, or 3 key limes, about 3 tbsp
1-2 tbsp lime zest
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line 12 cup muffin tin with foil liners. Spray lightly with pan spray.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the butter and graham crumbs until well mixed.
3. Divide graham cracker mixture into the muffin cups, pressing into the bottom. Bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese. Add in yogurt and sugar, and blend until creamy. Beat in the eggs, lime juice and zest, until well-blended.
5. Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cups. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until set.
6. Remove from oven and allow pan to cool for 15 minutes on wire rack, then place in fridge to chill for 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition facts per cheesecake bite: 125 calories, 17 g carb, 5 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 3 g protein, 7 g sugar.