SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WCIA) — The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) has reported 1,513 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 47 additional deaths.
Deaths were reported in the following counties:
- Coles County: 1 male 70s
- Cook County: 1 female 40s, 2 males 40s, 1 female 50s, 3, males 50s, 2 females 60s, 2 males 60s, 4 females 70s, 3 females 80s, 3 males 80s, 1 female 90s
- DeWitt County: 1 female 80s
- DuPage County: 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s
- Fulton County: 1 male 90s
- Kane County: 1 male 50s, 1 male 60s, 1 female 80s
- Knox County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s
- Lake County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 80s
- Logan County: 1 female 70s
- Macon County: 1 female 60s
- Macoupin County: 1 female over 100
- McLean County: 1 female 70s
- Peoria County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 80s
- Rock Island County: 1 male 60s
- Stark County: 1 female 50s
- Tazewell County: 1 female 60s
- Will County: 1 female 80s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,365,020 cases, including 22,415 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 83,856 specimens for a total of 23,761,576. As of Friday night, 1,581 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 409 patients were in the ICU and 228 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from May 8-14, 2021 is 2.5%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from May 8-14, 2021 is 2.9%.
A total of 10,322,253 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of Friday night. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 70,658 doses. On Friday, 92,923 doses were reported administered in Illinois.