CENTRAL ILLINOIS (WCIA) — Route information for Champaign Officer Chris Oberheim’s funeral procession was announced Monday.
In a news release, Champaign Police officials said Officer Oberheim will be laid to rest on Wednesday. A funeral service will be held at the Maranatha Assembly of God Church. “The funeral service is open to family, friends, invited guests, and first responders only,” said officials.
After the funeral service, a law enforcement procession will leave from the church around 1:30 p.m.. They will follow a route (see below) at a low speed, according to officials. Intersections along the route will be blocked to allow the procession to safely travel.
“The public is highly encouraged to line the funeral procession route to pay their respects as Officer Oberheim is taken to the Monticello Cemetery for interment,” said police officials.
- Procession will depart 555 W Imboden Dr, Decatur, Illinois
- Get on I-72 E/US-51 N in Hickory Point Township from W South Side Dr, IL-48 N and IL-121 N (8.2 mi)
- Head north toward W Imboden Dr.
- Turn right toward W Imboden Dr.
- Turn left onto W Imboden Dr.
- Turn right onto US-51 BUS N
- Turn left onto W South Side Dr
- Turn right toward IL-48 N/S Taylorville Rd
- Turn right onto IL-48 N/S Taylorville Rd and continue to follow IL-48 N
- Pass by AutoZone Auto Parts
- Use any lane to turn left onto IL-121 N/W Pershing Rd and continue to follow IL-121 N
- Turn right to merge onto I-72 E/US-51 N toward Champaign/Bloomington
- Follow I-72 E to Bridge St in Monticello Township. Take exit 164 from I-72 E (25.5 mi)
- Continue on Bridge St. to W Center St
- Continue straight onto N State St
- Turn left onto N State St
- Arrive at Monticello Cemetery