Update at 8 p.m.

URBANA, Ill. (WCIA) — Officials with the Urbana Police Department have revealed more details on a shooting near Urbana High School Sunday afternoon.

Several calls were made to Urbana Police around 1:43 p.m. about a potential robbery at a home in the area of South Vine Street and East Hollywood Drive. When officers arrived at the scene, they found a 21-year-old Champaign man who was shot in his side. He was taken to a nearby hospital and is expected to be ok.

An investigation indicated that before the shooting happened, a fight occurred between the victim and the suspect at an apartment complex in the area. As the victim ran towards Urbana Middle School and Urbana High School, the suspect followed and shot at him.

Urbana Police officials said that the shooting was not a random act of violence and it was unrelated to UHS or UMS students. There is no threat to the students, school staff or to the general public. School officials are working with law enforcement to find video footage relevant to the investigation.

Urbana Police are currently investigating the initial incident, which they said involved several people. They asked anyone with further information or video footage of the incident to call them at 217-384-2320. Arrangements can be made for information to be shared privately.

Anonymous tips may also be submitted to Champaign County Crime Stoppers by calling 217-373-8477, visiting 373tips.com, or using the “P3 Tips” mobile app.

URBANA, Ill. (WCIA) — One person has been hospitalized after a shooting happened near Urbana High School.

Lieutenant Mike Cervantes of the Urbana Police Department confirmed with WCIA a shooting happened in Urbana Sunday around 2:30 p.m.

Police do not believe the high school is related to the shooting and there is no risk to the school or its students. According to police, the shooting began as a chase that ended near the northeast side of the high school.

Officials said the shooting was connected to a previous incident police are still investigating. One person was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.

Police believe multiple adults and at least one minor was involved in the incident.