MATTOON, Ill. (WCIA) — Central Illinois is getting a new sports complex.
During a Thursday news conference, officials unveiled the Lincoln Land of Sports Complex. It will be right off State Road 16 and I-57 in Mattoon.
The $60 million complex will feature a variety of indoor and outdoor options.
Those amenities include:
- 8 indoor basketball courts
- 16 indoor vollyball courts
- Family entertainment center
- Medical tenant lease space
- Redemtion arcade
- Redemtion store
- Virtual reality
- Voxel augment reality
- 4 outdoor 300ft baseball/softball diamonds
- 4 outdoor 400ft baseball/softball diamonds
- 12 multi-purpose turf fields
- 4 multi-purpose grass fields
- Retail space
Mattoon Mayor Rick Hall expects great things when they are finished. “This is not just a sports complex that draws a lot of people from 150 or 200 miles away from here,” Hall said. “This is an economic opportunity.”
The complex is expected to bring in $24 million in direct spending and more than half a million visitors. Construction is expected to begin sometime next year and be finished in 2023.