Stove top fire

Local News
fireflames_1526053400669.jpeg

MATTOON, Ill. (WCIA) — Firefighters are putting out a warning, after responding to a second kitchen fire in a month. Crews were called to a house in the 1100 block of S. 15th street about 4:30 PM Thursday. When they got in the house, they found a smoldering fire on the stove, with smoke damage throughout the home.

Firefighter say, an item being stored on top of the stove caused it. Mattoon Fire Dept. is reminding you that storing or stacking items on the stove top is not a safe practice, saying:

“This is our second fire in a month’s time due to items being ignited that were on the stove top.”

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Fill out my online form.