Senior citizen dies in apartment fire

Local News
house fire generic_8250757653090026802

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WCIA) — A senior citizen was killed in an apartment fire.

The coroner’s initial findings rule 74-year old Judith Gharebaghi died from carbon monoxide poisoning, but blood test results are still pending.

Authorities say there’s no sign of foul play. The fire happened at Sangamon Towers, Friday.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.