Restaurant evacuated after smoker fire

Local News

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (WCIA) — Black Dog Smoke & Ale House was evacuated after one of its smokers had a fire in it.

Crews say they were called to the restaurant in downtown Champaign after sparks and flames came through a smoker’s flue pipe.

Fire officials say while the fire was not in the restaurant itself, everyone was evacuated as a precaution. No one was hurt and firefighters were able to extinguish everything within 10 minutes.

They say the restaurant is closed until the health department comes out and does an inspection.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.