No one hurt in apartment kitchen fire

Local News

DECATUR, Ill. (WCIA) — No one was hurt after an apartment fire.

It happened just before 11 p.m. Thursday night in the 2400 block of North Water Street. When crews got there, they found a fire in an apartment kitchen. No one was home at that time.

A woman living in the opposite apartment was rescue through a window and treated for smoke inhalation. Officials say the fire was caused by unattended cooking on a stove top.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Fill out my online form.