CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (WCIA) — The Champaign-Urbana Public Health District is hosting community-based COVID-19 Pfizer booster vaccination clinics throughout October.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), with the Delta variant’s dominance as the circulating strain and cases of COVID-19 increasing significantly across the United States, a booster shot will help strengthen protection against severe disease or the complications from severe disease. Additional information can be found on the CDC website.
People who want to get a booster shot need to wait at least 6 months after they have the second Pfizer dose. Pfizer booster vaccinations are available to all eligible individuals at the following locations:
iHotel and Conference Center – 111 St. Mary’s Road
- Walk-in; no appointment needed
- October 5 – 7, 12 – 13, 19 – 21, 26 – 27
- 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Kohl’s Plaza – 1901 N. Market Street
- Booster appointments can be scheduled through MyCarle and at carle.org/covid-19
- October 5 – 7, 12 – 14, 19 – 21
- 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Visit www.vaccinefinder.org for available appointments at local pharmacies.
Additional information on COVID-19 vaccinations can be found here.