CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (WCIA) — You’ll have to pay extra attention driving downtown over the next week.
Downtown Intersection and Resurfasing Improvement Project starts on Friday (8/17) and goes until the following Friday (8/24).
The project will move to different streets around the area, and no parking signs will be posted at some meters.
Here’s a list of when and where streets will be worked on:
Friday (8/17) & Wednesday (8/22)
- Neil St. from University Ave. to Springfield Ave.
Saturday (8/18) & Thursday (8/23)
- Chester St. between Neil St. and Walnut St.
- Taylor St. between Neil St. and Market St.
- Market St. between Main St. and University Ave.
Monday (8/20) & Friday (8/24)
- Walnut St. between Chester St. and Main St.
While work is happening on Walnut St. and Neil St., one lane of traffic will be open at all times.
While work is happening on Chester St., Taylor St., and Market St., the streets will be closed to through traffic.