SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WCIA) — You have a chance to get your moment in the spotlight.
Registration for the Illinois State Fair Karaoke Contest began Thursday (5/17). Nine regional county fairs are holding qualifying rounds for the contest.
The first and second place winners from those contests will move on to the finale at the Illinois State Fair on Friday, August 12.
The overall winner will be selected that day, and will perform two songs that night before to the Brett Eldredge concert.
The contest is free to enter; however, space is limited at each venue and once the host site’s slots are filled the registration will be closed.
- June 9 7:00 pm Macon County Fair (Decatur)
- June 16 4:00 pm Sangamon County Fair (New Berlin)
- June 21 7:00 pm Henry County Fair (Cambridge)
- June 27 7:00 pm Macoupin County Fair (Carlinville)
- July 12 7:00 pm Morgan County Fair (Jacksonville)
- July 14 3:00 pm Marshall-Putnam County Fair (Henry)
- July 19 7:30 pm Menard County Fair (Petersburg)
- July 23 7:00 pm Edgar County Fair (Paris)
- July 27 7:30 pm Adams County Fair (Mendon)
For more information, click here.