SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WCIA)— The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) announced Sunday 3,292 new confirmed and probable COVID-19 were reported, plus 40 additional deaths.
Fatal cases were listed in the following counties:
- Clinton County: 1 male 70s
- Cook County: 1 female 40s, 1 male 50s, 1 female 60s, 2 males 60s, 3 females 70s, 6 males 70s, 2 females 80s, 2 males 80s, 2 females 90s
- DeKalb County: 1 male 70s
- Dewitt County: 1 male 90s
- DuPage County: 1 female 100+
- Effingham County: 1 male 70s
- Jefferson County: 1 female 70s
- Knox County: 1 male 70s
- Lake County: 1 male 50s, 1 female 70s
- Logan County: 1 female 70s, 1 female 90s
- Macon County: 1 female 80s
- Madison County: 1 female 50s, 1 male 60s
- McHenry County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s
- McLean County: 1 male 70s
- Stephenson County: 1 male 50s
- Will County: 1 male 60s
- Winnebago County: 1 male 80s
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, IDPH has reported a total of 1,101,819 cases and 18,750 deaths connected to the virus.
Over the past 24 hours, laboratories reported 90,138 tested specimens for a total 15,409,832.
As of Saturday night, 2,994 people were hospitalized with COVID-19 in Illinois. Of those, 617 patients were in the ICU and 321 patients were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from January 17–23, 2021 is 4.8%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from January 17–23, 2021 is 6.0%.
A total of 1,112,725 vaccine doses of vaccine have been delivered to providers in Illinois, including Chicago. Additionally, about 524,050 doses total have been allocated to the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities. This brings the total Illinois doses to 1,636,775.
IDPH has administered a total of 681,473 vaccines, including 106,274 for long-term care facilities. On Saturday, a total of 23,653 doses were administered.
The 7-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 27,776 doses.