ARTHUR, Ill. (WCIA)– A family lost their home in a fire. The community opened their wallets to help them rebuild. People met at Arthur Christian School to help the family raise money. Hundreds showed up. There was a lot of enthusiam and excitement. People really wanted to do what they can to make a difference in the life of a family that has lost so much.
20 year old Jared Schrock was killed and his sister went to the hospital after the home blew up. Firefighters believed a propane gas leak caused it. The home was a complete loss. There was an event to get donations together for the family. There was face painting, food, and silent auctions. The daughter was in a coma. The cousin tells me she is now awake.
He tells me she still has a long way to go before she has fully recovered, but they’re staying hopeful that she will get better.