Drinking for a good cause!

Local News

NATIONAL (WCIA) — Area breweries are taking part in a national event to support victims of natural disasters.

The recent California wildfires were the most destructive in state history killing at least 86 people and displacing more than 14,000 families. Now, breweries like Triptych are giving back.

They’re selling a beer called Resilience IPA. 30% of proceeds will go to victims in California. The other 70% goes to victims of Taylorville’s recent tornado.

Sales manager Michael Miller says it’s their way of giving back. JT Walkers, Monarch Brewing and Decatur Brewworks are also selling the beer.

More than 1,400 breweries in the country are participating.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Fill out my online form.