DECATUR, Ill. (WCIA) — Decatur firefighters responded to a gas leak Tuesday morning.
It happened near Monroe and Williams streets.
Fire Capt. Mike Bishop said there was a 2-inch gas line that was hit by construction crews. He says they were replacing a fire hydrant at the time.
Bishop says Ameren Illinois crews arrived quickly at the scene to begin repairs. He adds the fire department kept two units on stand-by for precaution.
Bishop says the leak was patched up before 10 a.m. He says no homes were evacuated, but they did ask a nearby business “to go take a coffee break just to stay on the safe side.”
ORIGINAL POST: DECATUR, Ill. (WCIA) — The Decatur Fire Department is at the scene of a gas leak Tuesday morning.
It’s happening near Monroe and Williams streets.
No further information was immediately available.
This is a developing story.