SHELBYVILLE, Ill. (WCIA) — A Shelbyville business is damaged after a fire.
The building itself still stands, but the inside of Longbranch Grill has turned to ashes.
The Shelbyville Fire Chief says the broke out Wednesday night around 10. Crews saw smoke coming from two floors.
The chief says the fire started in the kitchen before spreading throughout the first floor and up to the second level. No one was hurt.
A longtime employee of the restaurant says this is a tough loss for the Longbranch team. It’s served the community for nearly two decades, and had barely reopened for indoor dining.