SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WCIA) — For the first time ever, the Illinois State Fair is adding a Competitive Eating Contest to its list of attractions. There will be a different food-eating contest each day of the fair.
Contestants will have five minutes to determine who can eat the most. All are fair food favorites.
“The food is an important part of the Illinois State Fair and the State Journal-Register is excited to be part of this contest,” said Bryan Groves, vice president of Consumer Sales and Marketing. “This will be a unique way to highlight the traditional fair food and make people aware of all the fantastic food options at the Illinois State Fair.”
- Friday, August 11: Watermelon
- Saturday, August 12: Corndogs
- Sunday, August 13: Cantaloupe
- Monday, August 14: Mini Donuts
- Tuesday, August 15: Sweet Corn (provided by Illinois Specialty Growers Association)
- Wednesday, August 16: Pork Chop Sandwich
- Thursday, August 17: French Fries
- Friday, August 18: Ribeye Sandwich
- Saturday, August 19: Golden Abe Contest Winner
- Sunday, August 20: Funnel Cake