CHAMPAIGN-URBANA, Ill. (WCIA) — Tuesday is the ninth annual CU Bike to Work Day.
It is meant to encourage safe and active transportation by encouraging people in the Champaign-Urbana area to bust out their bikes and take advantage of this great weather.
It’s organized by several groups, including CUMTD, the Cities of Champaign and Urbana, the University of Illinois, the Regional Planning Commission and Champaign County Bikes.
If you venture out, there will be several stations around town you can stop by and grab snacks, some coffee, biking information and bike month t-shirts.
Cyclists are encouraged to register online and to check in at one of the Welcome Stations.
To register online, click here.
For a list of Welcome stations, see below, or click here for an interactive map.
- Downtown Champaign (Champaign City Bldg., SE corner of Chester and Neil)
- Downtown Urbana (Busey Bank parking lot, 201 W. Main St.)
- Downtown St. Joseph Wheelhouse Restaurant (109 N. Main St.)
- UI Alma Mater (Green St. and Wright St.)
- UI CRCE (Northeast Corner of the building)
- UI Campus Bike Center (Pennsylvania Ave. east of Sixth St.)
- UI DRES (Stadium Dr. & Oak Street)
- UI University Lab. High School (Stoughton St. bicycle parking area)
- UI Research Park iHotel (1st & St. Mary’s at Houlihan’s)
- Wolfram Research (State St. & Kirby Ave., Champaign)
- Brookens Center (1776 E. Washington St., Urbana)
- Champaign Public Works (702 Edgebrook Dr.)