CHAMPAIGN COUNTY, Ill. (WCIA) — Tired of paying high prices for gas? Then, why not Bike to Work?
What better time than this Friday? It’s the 10th annual Bike to Work Day. It was actually scheduled for Wednesday, but was postponed due to weather. It will be from 7 – 10 am, Friday.
There are 14 bike stations set up in the area. Cyclists can stop and grab free breakfast snacks, t-shirts and bike-related information.
- Downtown (City Building, southeast corner of Chester and Neil streets)
- Public Works (702 Edgebrook Drive)
- Wolfram Research (State Street & Kirby Avenue)
- Urbana (Busey Bank parking lot, 201 West Main Street)
- Brookens Center (1776 East Washington Street)
- UI Alma Mater (Green and Wright streets)
- UI Campus Bike Center (Pennsylvania Avenue, east of Sixth Street)
- UI CRCE (Gregory & Dorner drives, south side of building)
- UI DRES (Stadium Drive & Oak Street)
- UI Research Park iHotel (First Street & St. Mary’s Road, at Houlihan’s)
- UI University Laboratory High School (Stoughton Street bicycle parking area)
- St. Joseph Wheelhouse Restaurant (109 North Main Street, Downtown)
- Mahomet – Lucky Moon Pies and More (401 East Oak Street)
- Savoy – Burwash Park (350 Burwash Avenue)