DECATUR, Ill. (WCIA) — Beginning Monday, June 21, a new set of rules go into effect at Decatur’s new water park.
All minors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 18-years or older to be admitted. All visitors ages 5 and older will also need a Splash Cove-issued identification card.
Additionally, people must complete a registration form and provide a signed acknowledgment of the park’s code of conduct. Re-entry to Splash Cove is not allowed, and open swim closes at 6:30 p.m. daily. Passholders can enter at 11:30 a.m. and non-passholders can enter at noon.
Capacity at the park will be voluntarily reduced by 25%.
Following a fight that took place Friday, June 18, Splash Cove was closed over Father’s Day weekend. A Facebook post from the water park said, “Safety of our patrons is our top priority.”
“We are reviewing current policies and procedures to ensure the safety of our employees, community and patrons,” the post continues. “There is nothing more important than the safety of our community and the employees that serve it.”
Splash Cove said on Saturday, June 19, that it’s committed to working through solutions to create a safe and fun environment for employees and visitors.
“We are extremely proud of how our Splash Cove staff and lifeguards responded during the event and support their efforts to remain responsive and respectful during a challenging time,” the post says. “The Decatur Park District Police’s response to last night’s incident at Splash Cove has resulted in the minors and guardians being identified and banned from Park District Property for 1-year. Photo identification of these individuals are posted on the banned list at the facility. Additional security will be present at the facility during operating hours moving forward.”
Other policies visitors should be aware of include:
- No running, dunking, horseplay, roughhousing, or foul language will be tolerated. Any person deemed as not following this rule will be asked to leave the facility with the possibility of being banned.
- No outside food or drink allowed. There are two water stations available for filling empty bottles.
- Bag check required upon entry.
- Only Coast Guard-approved flotation devices are allowed.
- Riders must be at least 48” to ride water slides and zip line. Experienced swimmers age 5 and up may utilize the diving boards and rock wall.
- Only official swimwear may be worn in the pool and is up to the manager’s discretion.
- No smoking of any kind, including vaping, is allowed inside the pool fence.
- All purchased food and drink must stay in the concession area.
- No refunds regardless of weather, attire, or length of stay.
- Lock up your valuables. The Decatur Park District is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.