SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WCIA) — The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) reported 1,248 new confirmed and probable coronavirus cases on Sunday, as well as 24 additional deaths.
Fatal cases were listed in the following counties:
- Boone County: 1 male 60s
- Cook County: 1 male 20s, 1 male 40s, 1 female 50s, 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s, 2 males 70s, 1 male 80s
- DuPage County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s
- Grundy County: 1 male 90s
- Kane County: 1 male 70s
- Lake County: 1 female 50s
- LaSalle County: 1 female 70s
- Lee County: 1 female 90s
- McLean County: 1 female 60s
- Peoria County: 1 female 60s
- Tazewell County: 1 male 50s
- Will County: 1 female 30s, 1 male 70s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 30s, 1 male 60s
- Woodford County: 1 male 50s
Since the start of the pandemic, IDPH has reported a total of 1,366,268 cases and 22,439 deaths linked to COVID-19.
Over the past day, laboratories have reported 52,013 tested specimens for a total of 23,813,589.
As of Saturday night, 1,581 people were hospitalized in Illinois with COVID-19. Of those, 404 patients were in the ICU and 218 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from May 9-15, 2021 is 2.4%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from May 9-15, 2021 is 2.9%.
A total of 10,375,588 vaccine doses have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 66,728 doses. On Saturday, 53,335 doses were reported administered in Illinois.