House fire ruled an accident

News

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (WCIA) — A house fire that injured four people has been ruled an accident.

Champaign firefighters said the fire was caused by a fire near the stove of a home at 914 West Beardsley Avenue Thursday morning.

Crews said there were two women and two children rescued from the second floor of the home. Firefighters said all of the victims were transported to the hospital in critical condition. There has been no update on their current condition.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.