DECATUR, Ill. (WCIA) — The Macon County Health Department is hosting a COVID-19 vaccine clinic on Thursday as part of its semi-weekly clinic schedule.
The clinic will take place from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the MCHD Building, located at 1221 East Condit Street in Decatur. People are eligible to receive their first, second or booster doses of the vaccine if they:
- Reside in Macon County
- Are at least five years of age (for Pfizer) or at least 18 years of age (for Moderna and Johnson & Johnson)
- Are available to receive a second dose on the appropriate return date (if applicable)
People wanting a vaccine dose are encouraged to schedule an appointment by calling 217-423-6988 ext. 1100. However, walk-ins will be accepted. Those who plan to attend should:
- Bring a form of ID and/or a copy of an insurance card. People who have a Medicare card should bring that as well, even if they are enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Wear a short sleeve shirt and face covering
- Complete vaccine forms, print them out and bring them ahead of time. Forms will also be available at the clinic.
- be prepared to wear a face covering and complete the MCHD screening process upon arrival. This may include answering questions and a temperature check.
The MCHD will host another clinic next Tuesday at the same hours and same location.