Gas leaks from old C-Street bar

News

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (WCIA) — A gas leak has been fixed after crews worked to bring down an old building in downtown Champaign.

Firefighters were called to the old C-Street bar on Friday afternoon. Those on-scene could smell fumes.

People from nearby businesses were evacuated as firefighters went to other buildings to check for additional leaks. Ameren crews were able to fix the problem.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.