Gas leak forces evacuation

News

HUMBOLT, Ill. (WCIA) — Part of the village had to be evacuated Thursday morning. There was an anhydrous ammonia gas leak.

People were forced to evacuate from their homes. The leak was stopped, and the fire department said it’s safe for people to return.

No word yet what started the leak.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Fill out my online form.