Family homeless after fire

News
MATTOON FIRE 1_1483932750086.jpg

MATTOON — A family is homeless after an accidental house fire Sunday morning. It started just after 9 am, in the 200-block of Woodlawn Avenue.

Fire officials say three minors and one adult were home at the time. They got out and no one was hurt. 

Authorities say the fire started when an unattended candle caught clothing on fire in a bedroom. Damage is estimated at $70,000. The Red Cross is helping care for the family.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Fill out my online form.