DANVILLE, Ill. (WCIA) — A hotel in Danville was evacuated Monday morning for a gas leak. 

According to Danville Fire Chief Donald McMasters, the Danville Fire and Police Departments were called to the Days Inn on North Gilbert Street around 8:30 a.m. for a chlorine gas release in the basement. 

The hotel was evacuated and the nearby VFW opened up as a cooling center for the displaced hotel occupants.

Hazardous Material Technicians contained the leak and used ventilation fans to clear the air. The evacuation order for the hotel was lifted around 2 p.m. 

Several individuals were injured from the gas leak and treated by paramedics. No first responders were injured.