CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (WCIA) — One person was hurt and several people have been displaced after an accidental fire in Champaign.

It happened on the 900 block of Crescent Dr. at a two-story apartment building on Saturday evening.

Officials say when crews arrived they saw light smoke coming from the back of the building and were able to extinguish it quickly.

Fire crews say the cause of the fire was attributed to cooking.

One person was treated on scene for a laceration and was taken to the hospital.

Several people are displaced from the damage by the fire.

No firefighters were hurt.