Crews fight fire burning through home


CHAMPAIGN COUNTY, Ill. (WCIA) — Crews responded to a house fire at 400 East near Bondville, arriving about 9 pm, Monday. Firefighters from several departments, including Cornbelt Fire and Bondville, battled it from inside and out. Fire was still shooting out of the roof and smoke billowing at 10 pm.

A family of three was inside, but got out safely. The homeowner said they were watching movies when they smelled something like burning plastic. He walked outside to see flames. The family and firefighters believe the fire started near the chimney.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Golf Tour Extravaganza 2020