DANVILLE, Ill. (WCIA) — According to the agenda of the Danville City Council, members should vote on the casino operator on the recommendation of the casino committee on Tuesday night.
Another thing to be considered by the Commission is the preliminary plans for the conceptual site and for the layout, but could possibly change once a gaming operator is selected.
The preliminary plans for the 42.3-acre site show:
- 120,000 square feet for casino/gaming and supporting uses;
- 250,000 square feet for hotel/lodging
- 50,000 square feet for retail/food beverage
- 150,000 square feet for destination retail (Cabela’s/Outlet)
- 40,000 square feet for conference banquet space
- 60,000 square feet for entertainment/events venue
- 10,000 square feet for outdoor entertainment/amphitheater
- 4,000 parking spaces
The development would be phased, and the actual timing will vary based on the timing of the Illinois Gaming Board’s awarding of a gaming license for a Danville casino and other factors.
The preliminary time-table is calling for the construction of phase one to begin February 1st, 2021. The Certificate of Occupancy for the temporary casino is expected one year later on February 1st, 2022 according to information submitted to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
The Certificate of Occupancy on the permanent casino is expected on August 1st, 2023. And construction of a hotel and spa is expected to begin in February of 2023. It would be ready for occupancy in August of 2024.
The Danville City Council is expected to hear a presentation on the proposed casino partner when it meets.
Danville City Council Meeting
October 2, 6 p.m.
Robert E. Jones Municipal Building
Lower Level City Council Chambers
17 West Main Street