Ameren & Cornbelt Fire crews fix gas leak along Route 150 after car hits line

News

MAHOMET, Ill. (WCIA) — Ameren Illinois and Cornbelt Fire crews were able to get a gas leak fixed earlier Tuesday evening.

It happened along Route 150 in Mahomet. Officials said a young man–who had his learner’s permit–was driving with his parent when he accidentally hit the gas feed to a building.

The smell of gas was pretty strong, according to officials. However, crews were able to get it fixed.

Traffic in the area was affected while repairs were made.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.