SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WCIA) — The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) has announced over 10,000 new probable and confirmed cases of coronavirus were reported Sunday, along with 76 additional deaths.
Nine COVID-deaths were listed in the following counties in central Illinois:
- Champaign County: A man in his 80s and a man in his 90s.
- Douglas County: A man in his 80s.
- Logan County: A woman in her 60s.
- Macon County: A woman in her 70s, a man in his70s, and a woman in her 80s.
- McLean County: A man in his 90s.
- Vermilion County: A man in his 60s.
Since the start of the COVID-19, IDPH has reported a total of 656,298 positive cases and 11,506 deaths.
Over the past day, laboratories have tested 92,437 specimens for a total 9,801,419.
As of last Sunday night, 6,072 people in Illinois were hospitalized with COVID-19. Of those, 1,179 patients were in intensive care units and 589 patients were on ventilators.
The initial case positivity rate for the week of Nov. 15 – 21 was 11.3%, and the test positivity rate for the same week was 13%.