Champaign, Ill. (WCIA)
The countdown is on for people to start making decisions when it comes to the their medicare plans for next year. Here’s more from Carle:
WHAT SHOULD PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT WHAT MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PLANS OFFER COMPARED TO OTHER MEDICARE COVERAGE?
• More coverage than Original Medicare or Medicare Supplement
• Combines hospital, medical and pharmacy
• Plans where you can see any doctor or hospital
• Plus, extras like dental, vision, hearing coverage
• Similar to robust plans employers often provide
WHY SHOULD PEOPLE CHOOSE MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PLANS FROM HEALTH ALLIANCE?
• Local company, with headquarters in Champaign
• Care coordination to help you get healthy and stay healthy
• Fitness programs and more
• Free easy-to-use Virtual Visits
• $0 preferred generics at Walgreens, low copayments on brand-name medications
• New for 2020: acupuncture coverage
WHY IS THIS TIME OF YEAR ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR MEDICARE?
• Annual Enrollment Period ends December 7
• Determine what you need for 2020 coverage
• Always good to re-examine existing coverage
• Get more from a plan that’s right in your backyard
WE UNDERSTAND THERE’S SOMETHING NEW IN THE MEDICARE MIX THIS YEAR. WHAT IS SIMPLETE?
• New approach to healthcare
• Even better collaboration between providers and insurance company
• For members
o Lower costs
o More benefits
o A more complete healthcare experience
• In select Illinois and Indiana counties
HOW DO PEOPLE LEARN MORE AS THEY KEEP THAT IMPORTANT DEC. 7 DATE IN MIND?
• Attend a seminar
• Call Health Alliance at 1-888-382-9771
• Visit HealthAllianceMedicare.org
• Contact your local insurance agent