CiLiving’s new storyteller, Erin Valle, shares some of her favorite summer pick-me-ups in the ciKitchen. The following recipes are both light and refreshing…enjoy!
Cucumber Blueberry Moscow Mule
- Muddle 6 blueberries and 1 cucumber slice at the bottom of a copper mug
- Add a splash of lime juice
- Add 1.5 oz of vodka
- Add ice
- Top with Reed’s Ginger Beer
- 1 package ramen noodles, crushed, flavor packet discarded
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- One 5-ounce bag baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- In a small bowl, mix 1 package of crushed ramen noodles, 1/4 cup sliced almonds, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds and 1/2 stick of melted butter.
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for about 10 minutes, until browned.
- Tear head of romaine lettuce and combine with 5-ounce bag of baby spinach in a large salad bowl. Add 1 cup grated parmesan and 1 pint sliced strawberries.
- In a separate bowl, add 3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 red red wine vinegar, 3/4 cup vegetable oil, 2 cloves of minced garlic, salt and paprika. Mix well and store in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Add dressing and crunchy topping to salad bowl. Toss until dressing coats the greens.
Enjoy with family and friends!
*Source: Food Network