Guest Chef, Colleen Hatton with Dish Passionate Cuisine, is back with easy make ahead recipes so you can enjoy your family and friends!
12 buns, attached together
8 ham slices
8 salami slices
8 mortadella slices
18 provolone slices
2-3 T Dijon mustard
1/4 c butter
1 t minced garlic
as desired, parsley
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut the tray of buns horizontally
- Fit the bottom buns (still attached to eachother) onto, or into a baking sheet or pan
- Spread with the mustard
- Begin layering the pieces of mortadella, then slices of cheese, then the salami, then the cheese, etc.
- When all layers are done, replace the top layer of the buns.
- Melt the butter and add the garlic and parsley. Brush onto the top of the buns
- Bake in the oven for approximately 12 – 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tops of the buns are browned.
- Remove and let rest for 10 minutes, then cut and serve!
Tomato Goat Cheese Dip
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup part skim ricotta
- 1 8 ounce log goat cheese
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1/4 pound yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 pound red cherry tomatoes
- toasted bread or crackers for serving
Preheat oven to 350F
Spray a small 6 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, ricotta, goat cheese, feta, garlic, salt, lemon juice, and basil. Use a spoon to combine as much as possible, although it doesn’t need to be perfect. When combined as much as you can by hand, stir in half of the tomatoes.
Pour mixture into baking dish and top with remaining tomatoes,
Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and slightly browned.