Laura Edwards helps women owned businesses get attention through seasonal Crates, the Mailers, the HER STORY blog, as well as much more! We’re learning how it all got started!
CUltivate Central Illinois is a way to connect the makers of Central IL with the people that love & support this community.
Here’s more from Laura:
-Seasonal Crate of local-made products, all made by women and women-owned businesses (January, April, July, October) hand-delivered locally (but also ships out of area) $39.99 +tax and S/H if applicable or $149.99 for the whole year (4 Crates)
– Special Edition Crates: (don’t have a current special edition right now) we did a “Date Crate” for Valentine’s Day and a “Holiday Hostess Crate” before Thanksgiving
– Custom Crates: Birthdays, New Moms, Anniversaries, Weddings, etc. – all local women-made products
– Women-Owned Business Mailer: FREE to the customer, a quarterly packet of information on 10 local women-owned small businesses including coupons and special deals
– Online Local Women-Owned Business Directory
– HER STORY Blog: sharing the stories of local female business owners
– Retreats/Meet Ups for female business owners
Spring Crate Delivered Locally Soon! Next Saturday (April 6th)
Bride Box – Launching in mid-April
I’ll be speaking at the PechaKucha Saturday night 3/30 at the Virgina Theater, telling the story of how I started this little project
Founded in March 2018 to connect local small businesses with people that love Central Illinois.
We focus on promoting small businesses with ethical and sustainable practices. Most products we feature are locally sourced and produced by female owned & operated small businesses in the Champaign-Urbana area and beyond.