Nanette Donohue from the Champaign Public Library stopped by with three new book selections, as well as details on three events taking place at the library soon.
- Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler
- Noor by Nnedi Okorafor
- The City We Became by N.K. Jemisin
- On December 9th at 1:30 PM – a joint book discussion with the Cover-to-Cover and Table Talk Book Clubs about Octavia Butler’s Parable of the Sower. This book discussion is part of the community-wide “Parable Path CU” series, which culminates with a performance of the opera-based on Parable of the Sower in February at the Krannert Center.
- Ready for some Turkey Tales? The library’s Children’s Department will be on Facebook Live on Wednesday, November 24 at 6 PM to present “Telling Turkey Tales”—an hour of turkey and Thanksgiving-themed stories read by our wonderful Children’s staff. You can also watch at champaign.org/live.
- The Start + Grow Your Business series continues through mid-December, with workshops on Creating a Winning Social Media Strategy for Your Brand; Starting an Nonprofit in Central Illinois; Protecting Your Privacy, Identity, and Brand Reputation; and Networking 101. See the full lineup with dates and times at champaign.org/events—you can watch live or enjoy the recording on their YouTube channel.