It’s a time of year where seniors are looking ahead to 2019 and their Medicare plan.
Today’s segment sponsor.. Carle is here with more insight..
Doctor Carla Rafferty with family medicine and Terra Mullins with Health Alliance share more:
What you need to know about Illinois Medicare pre-2019
Timing is important for Medicare Advantage, right? What do people need to know?
• October 1 share 2019 plan information
• Annual Election Period is October 15 to December 7
• When most people with Medicare can make changes
• Assess your coverage every year; needs can change
What do Health Alliance members like most about Medicare Advantage?
• More affordable than Medicare Supplement
• Hospital, doctor’s office and pharmacy in one
• Extras like dental, fitness, travel assistance
• Networks so see doctors know and trust
What about the upcoming Carle event? Anyone who wants to learn more about Medicare – for themselves or for family – is invited, right?
• 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, October 6
• Carle at The Fields administrative building 3310 Fields South Dr. Champaign
• Free screenings, information and tips
• Special visits from Carle Arrow Ambulance, Carle Mobile Health Clinic and AirLife
Why is Carle having this Medicare-focused event?
• Close connection between healthcare and coverage
• All on the same team
• Speakers include Dr. Nasreen Syed from Carle Adult Medicine
• Her topic: “Primary Care Doctors Working With and For You”
• Learn more about free October 6 event at carle.org/medicare101
How can people interested in coverage learn more and sign up?
• Call Health Alliance at 1-888-382-9771
• Go to HealthAllianceMedicare.org
• Contact their local agent