As warmer weather approaches, we start to move from heavy winter foods to lighter and brighter recipes- utilizing fresher flavors. Harvest Market is here with a fresh recipe!
* When I think of spring and warmer weather, I think of pesto. Pesto traditionally uses lots of basil, olive oil and pine nuts. In this twist, we add lemon juice to brighten it up and avocado to make it super creamy and smooth. Walnuts replace pine nuts, which cut down on cost and still give it a great nutty flavor
* Using zucchini and turnip “noodles” for this dish for a healthy dose of veggies. Beautiful with whole grain pasta as well.
Other things going on at the store: Cooking Demonstrations- I continue to host about 2 classes per week, you come in, can grab a glass of wine if you’d like as I teach you how to prepare dishes and then you get to eat!
Visit our events page on goharvestmarket.com!
Classes fill up VERY fast- email me (email@example.com) if you wish to be placed on my email list where I send out email blasts when I post new classes and if I have last minute vacancies in classes.
Avocado lemon pesto
* 1 large bunch fresh basil
* 2 ripe avocados
* ½ cup walnuts
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice (add more to taste)
* 3 cloves garlic
* ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
* ¼- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 2-3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* Ground pepper to taste
* ½ teaspoon Italian seasonings
Strip basil leaves from the stems and add to a food processor along with avocados, walnuts, lemon juice, garlic and salt; pulse until finely chopped. Add oil and red wine vinegar and process to form a thick paste. If too thick, alternately add red wine vinegar and olive oil by the tablespoon until desired consistency.