U of I Student Chef Savia Gordon shares a no bake pie recipe.
You will find similar dishes at the Bevier Cafe on the U of I Campus.
Little Surprise Pies
¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts
1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
5-6 kiwis peeled and sliced
1 can of pineapple chunks or tidbits, drained
2 cups of strawberries, sliced
A can of whipped cream
1. Peel, slice, and drain fruits. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter until the mixture becomes moist.
3. In the small serving bowls of your choice, layer the bottom with the graham cracker crumb mixture. Sprinkle the walnuts or pecans on top of the graham cracker crust.
4. In a medium sized bowl with a hand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
5. In the serving bowls, spread the cream cheese filling over the nuts and graham cracker crust.
6. Over the filling, layer the kiwi slices. Then on top of the kiwi, layer with pineapples, then finally strawberries on top.
7. After layering the fruit, spray whipped cream on top in a circular motion. Sprinkle with additional walnuts or pecans.
8. Serve immediately.