On busy fall nights with soccer practice, homework, and errand running, it’s time to pull out the crock pot to help make dinner a cinch!
Crock Pot Steak Tacos
· 2 pounds flank steak
· 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
· 1 teaspoon cumin
· 1 teaspoon chili powder
· ½ teaspoon salt, more to less to taste (I use about 1 teaspoon)
· ½ teaspoon pepper
· 1 teaspoon onion powder
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1 teaspoon dried oregano
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1 orange)
· ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 lime)
· ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon (about 1 lemon)
· ¼ cup soy sauce*
· 2 tablespoons white vinegar
1. In a small bowl, whisk together spices, then stir in the oil.
2. Rub half the spice mixture on one side of the flank steak.
3. Flip over and rub the rest of the spice mixture on the other side.
4. Whisk together the orange juice, lime juice, lemon juice, soy sauce, and vinegar.
5. Grease a crockpot and pour in half of the juice mixture.
6. Place the steak in the crockpot and pour the rest of the juice over the top.
7. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
8. Once cooked, remove steak from crockpot and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
9. Using a serrated knife, thinly slice the steak against the grain.
10. Gently place steak back in crockpot and mix with juices.
Owner / Event Coordinator
Chef Benjamin & Company, LLC
On Site Address: 45 E. University Ave., Champaign, IL 61821
Mailing Address: 606 S. Western Ave. Champaign, IL 61821