Sarah Bush Lincoln Weight Management program offers multiple options for helping you lose weight, including being able to eat a sweet, fall treat like this pumpkin granola!
They not only offer the HMR weight loss program to help patients but also options for individual nutritional counseling, consulting packages and even options to meet with a doctor for possible weight loss medication. This comprehensive weight-loss program provides guidance and support from experts in the field of obesity to help prepare patients for a lifetime of healthier living. Sarah Bush Lincoln Weight Management Program also offers FREE cooking demonstrations to help patients work on lifestyle changes to better help them in keeping off lost weight. The cooking demonstrations are held in the Center for Healthy Living and incorporate healthy foods, healthy cooking techniques and simple, inexpensive recipes. Attendees also get to taste all of the recipes demonstrated! Next demo is Monday, October 8th 5:30pm – All things Fall
Pumpkin Spice Granola
* 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats(not quick or instant)
* 1 cup slivered almonds
* ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
* 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
* 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
* ¾ cup canned pumpkin
* ½ cup pure maple syrup
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* ½ cup dried cherries
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place oats, nuts and seeds in a large bowl.
3. Combine cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin, maple syrup and vanilla in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Pour over oat mixture and stir to combine well.
4. Spread granola on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Open oven door and stir granola. Cook an additional 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so until granola is lightly browned.
5. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool completely before stirring in dried cherries.
Serving Size: 1/3 cup Calories: 170 Sugar: 8g Fat: 7g Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 3g Protein: 4g