The New Year brings a new season of the Spice Box on the University of Illinois campus to the community.
Here to share a recipe in the ciKitchen, U of I student chef Jennifer Ha.
RSVP for Jennifer’s Korean Lunar New Year dinner Friday, February 8th.
Make your reservation online or call 217-333-6520
Enjoy Jennifer’s recipe:
Grilled Short Ribs With King Oyster Mushrooms
Ingredients for Beef Sauce Mixture (20 Ribs)
1 TBSP Minced Green Onion (only white area)
3 TBSP Soy Sauce
3 TBSP Sugar
3 TBSP Glutinous Rice Powder
2 TBSP Minced Garlic
1 1/2 TBSP Sesame Oil
Ingredients for Sauce Mixture
3 TBSP Water
1 TBSP Soy Sauce
1 TBSP Honey
1 TBSP Citron Tea
1 TBSP Sesame Oil
1. Mix all the beef together with the sauce
2. Cut the mushrooms in 6 long pieces
3. Wrap 25g of meat patties around the mushrooms
4. Pan fry on low heat for 5 minutes
5. Then pour the sauce mixture