Portillo’s, the fast-casual concept known for its menu of Chicago-style favorites, is celebrating the hot dog days of summer with a National Hot Dog Week celebration!
From Monday, July 16 through Sunday, July 22, customers can purchase two hot dogs for just $5 at all locations nationwide. The promotion coincides with National Hot Dog Month, a food holiday celebrated each July by the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council (NHDSC).
The two for $5 Hot Dog promotion is available for dine-in, drive-thru, and online orders, including delivery.
For more information on the brand, please visit www.portillos.com or follow Portillo’s on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
• In celebration of National Hot Dog Week, Portillo’s show us how to create a true Chicago-style hot dog and how the restaurant is celebrating the holiday through Sunday
• The Champaign restaurant is located at 2306 N. Prospect Ave.
• A traditional Chicago-style Hot Dog features: yellow mustard, chopped white onions, bright green sweet pickle relish, a dill pickle spear, tomato slices, pickled sport peppers and a dash of celery salt
• In 1963, Dick invested $1,100 into a 6’ x 12’ trailer to open the first Portillo’s hot dog stand on North Avenue in Villa Park, IL, which he called “The Dog House.” The trailer did not have a bathroom or running water. To get the water he needed, he strung together five 50’ garden hoses from a nearby building into the trailer.
• Today, Portillo’s operates 56 stores
• Last year, we sold 15 million hot dogs
• The Portillo’s menu has also expanded since 1963. Initially featuring only hot dogs, French fries, tamales, and soft drinks, the menu has grown to include popular items such as Italian beef sandwiches, char-grilled burgers, fresh salads, and our famous chocolate cake.
2306 N. Prospect Ave.